Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome to The Well-Mannered Adult

It may seem odd, a blog titled the Well-Mannered Adult.

For my day job, I work in an industry that caters to children.  I think most will agree that children need to have rules, boundaries and limitations if they are to grow up to be decent human beings.

However, I have observed in our society that adults either forget that THEY also need rules, boundaries and limitations, or perhaps, in the hectic pace of our lives today, we simply cast manners aside as optional.

So why did I create this blog?  As a coping strategy.  For those of you who interact with the public to a great degree, you know how difficult that can be.  People are not always pleasant or reasonable, nor are we ourselves.  We have stressors and we are all entirely too selfish.

Sometimes we just need reminders to act like decent human beings.

So a couple of times a week, I will post a new tip.  And hopefully, there will be a few more sensitive, well mannered adults as a result and some of the stress levels will go down.

I'd like to conclude this introductory post with a verse from the Bible, using the modern translation of The Message, which says the following:

"Slowness to anger makes for deep understanding; a quick-tempered person stockpiles stupidity." - Proverbs 14:29 

No comments:

Post a Comment